Alrightie so I'm not one who's ever been all GUNGHO about New Year Resolutions. I enjoy celebrating the new year with the ones i love (which i did this year) but that's about it. To me the years just seemed the same like nothing changed, probably due to being in school or doing the same thing i did the month before, so they never felt like a ''new year'' let's say. But since i took a semester off school and worked in a factory up until mid December and enrolled for classes starting January (as i am on campus at the moment) i actually felt the new year approaching. As if the air around me had gotten crisper and sweeter. So that being said, I've decided to make some plans and adjustments for 2012 to make it kick 2011's rear.
HERE'S TO ''THE YEAR OF NO FEAR.''
Firstly I see this year as a fresh start, honestly never felt that before. I feel as though I've hit the refresh button and all the glitches and slowness has erased and I'm rebutted and ready to go. That meaning all mistakes, drama, problems and negativity have been wiped away and I've been given a new slate to create what i want out of my life. So how exactly am i going to change this year? well firstly i don't plan on doing it on my own, of course i'll be leaning on God to help. Secondly I don't see it as a drastic change but baby steps in the direction i want to go by changing things inward rather than outward.
Things to change/accompish:
- remove the word 'try' from my vocabulary- i either Do or Don't. so i'm going to be like Nike and just "do it"
- stop trying to be a perfectionist, just go for it, if it doesn't work fix it or look at it a different way (painting wise)
- get over my fears (of failing, driving, not having enough time)
- stop gossiping (nasty habbit that restarted several months ago)
- create daily (be it writing, drawing, painting etc.)
- read more (bible and novels outside of school)
- erase procrastination and replace it with motivation
- have the passion for my dreams as i did when i was a child. i need that crazy kind of passion that nothing will stop me from making that dream a reality.
- stop spending foolish (getting better)
- watch what goes into my body (not necessarily reading the labels and counting calories but just making sure i make waaaay healthier choices)
- and finally FOCUS


2 comments:
you're encouraging :)
aw thanks bestie :)
Post a Comment