mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Tuesday, July 31

I can hear the bells

I kid you not, in the last few weeks three old friends have gotten engaged. Two of those friends being girls I grew up with in elementary school. Is it honestly that time of my life now? Where all my old companions start getting hitched? It feels so odd, I feel so old but so young at the same time. I get giddy when I see their status go from 'dating' to 'engaged' but at the same time I have a bit of a freak out. I don't know why the panic hits really but it does. Possibly because it's a new chapter in life and a smack in the face to being an adult.

 I never was the girl to dream up my perfect wedding day like so many girls are said to, I was far too busy reading books, making my barbies super assassin spies, or running around the neighborhood playing cops and robbers. Lately, however, I've been seeing weddings upon weddings upon weddings and started thinking about what I would like to wear or the theme be. Pardon me but WHAT? I AM SINGLE. Why on earth am I thinking these things? I blame the fact that everyone around me seems to be getting hitched and thus filling my head up with 'the big day'. Don't get me wrong I am beyond stoked to frolic around in a lovely dress 
such as this one. ain't it lovely?

 & announce to the world that I'll be spending the rest of my life with the man I love (whoever he may be) but I'd rather not fill my head foolishly with things of that matter when then only man that loves me at the moment is G. O. D.  I honestly don't mind though :) He gets my oddness and off topic rambles cause well he crafted me that way and I am thankful for it. 


Seriously though, late night thinking sends my mind off on strange rabbit trails. I suggest you get used to it.

No comments: