Far from the carnage of the fiery sun."
Yesterday I continued my Harry Potter movie marathon with a certain fellow. It started around 3pm and 'ended' at around 1am- we started from the third movie, missed the 5th (it wasn't in the case) and carried on with the sixth film then watched Up because he didn't have the last two films. Ten hours of sitting on a couch watching movies, of course we took a break in the evening for some sushi and he paid a little visit at his old job to visit coworkers.
Anyways enough with that little story, we paused one of the films because we were heard fireworks going off and thought we may possibly be able to see them from my balcony, sadly we couldn't. We did however see the moon. And my oh my was it ever lovely. She was shinning so bright and seemed so close. I love the moon, she calms me down and I feel at complete peace. It's strange how something so far away can have such an affect on you and the world. I find it so fascinating how the moon I love so dearly affects the ocean, whom I also love, so drastically. It just makes me feel like I'm one with the ocean even more. Depending on how close the moon is to our side of the world affects the way she toys with the tide, bringing the water closer to our shore or so far away we can walk a great distance and never have the ocean pass our knees. It's as though the ocean chases after her. Like he longs as much as I do to have more than her luminance to graze upon him. One day I will swim in the dark sea with the moon lighting up the black water, I'm not sure if my heart will be able to handle such beauty and stillness and love- I'll find out someday.
For you nosy hopeless romantics here's a tidbit of last night. As we gazed up silently at the mesmerizing glowing moon he placed his arm around me and pulled me closer. I could have died in that moment of lovely innocence.

No comments:
Post a Comment