Today was a very pleasant and restful day. I finally made it to church in what felt like an eternity: I didn't attend the last two services, at this moment I don't recall for what reasons. Although I missed the first bit of worship I was able to get right into it which is always dandy. The message was great and straightforward and inspiring.
After service the lovely Becs and I had some much needed girl time. We put in Serendipity, I can't say we watched it because we just did a lot of catching up and venting and laughing. While speaking to her I realized how much I've actually grown the past few months in various aspects of my life. My relationship with God has gotten stronger and I love it, being in constant peace and security and knowing whatever happens has a purpose and God has got me covered. It's just so mindblowing and awesome and I'm beyond stoked to keep pursuing him. In addition to my relationship with God I feel as though I've become more in tune with my femininity. I feel more confident in my body and who I am as a woman- this is a ridiculously awesome feeling. I feel comfortable in my own skin and empowered and I love it.
Nicks joined us for a short bit and we had some good chats, then some deep conversations about God and boys and confusion. It was really good just releasing those frustions and helping each other. I can't stress how much changing your perspective on situations can give you such peace. I feel as though in most cases people just zoom in on a problem and blow it out of proportion rather than stepping back and noticing the bigger picture and that God is working through it. I know it's easier said than done but once you get into the habit of stepping back, letting go, and just letting God do his thing those struggles will become so petty and tiny and life will be a lot less stressful.
After the short and random girls bonding sesh I finished the Harry Potter marathon with a certain fellow. We had a good and real conversation which is always pleasant. He tried to teach me how to smoke a cigar. I stress on try because the cigar was literally falling apart, it was a terribly sad sight. I managed to smoke a wee bit but it was tasteless...that's what happens when you keep 'em in a box for several months rather than a humidifier (you learn something new everyday). It was a bit of a fail with a smidgen of success because I didn't make a complete fool out of myself. Well at least I don't think so.
I really don't quite know where it is I'm going with all this rambling, its nearly 4am and the rain is dancing quietly on my window and my mind won't stop wandering and thinking. I'll just say today was all unplanned but lovely. I should sleep but I feel rather inspired.

No comments:
Post a Comment