mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Monday, July 23

Tropical Rain


I just adore rainy nights; falling rain is the best lullaby, especially tropical rain. 
It's rainy season in Costa Rica and I would love to be in the middle of a warm pouring rainfall. The showers there put those of Vancouver to shame. You can feel the rain approaching, the air becomes thick and humid and the smell of dirt becomes so strong it's almost intoxicating. Then out of nowhere clouds gather and rain falls heavily onto anything it touches making beautiful music with tin roofs, gravel roads, coconut trees and fallen mangos. Two seconds in the rain and one is completely drenched and the best thing is it's warm. It's the best rain to dance in. The thunderstorms are a whole 'nother story. I'm still unsure how I feel about them, they're a bit terrifying but still so beautiful, quite similar to the violent waves of Malpais. Oh if I had money I would be on the next flight to Costa Rica just to be able to stand atop the deep red soil of Jicaral and have the sweet smelling rain dance upon my skin. 
A shot taken on our drive down Monteverde, Costa Rica

No comments: