A few days ago my sister and I were just chatting, I can't recall of what but I believe it was the ocean and then I excitedly stated "I LOVE THE OCEAN. I just wrote about it the other day!" of to which she replies quite unenthusiastically "I know. You're always blogging about things you love." She then went on to mock me and started saying "ohhhh look at the trees their so beatiful. mountains are wonderful. oh tea is soooo tasty! i love life!" I of course couldn't help but burst out into laughter at her perfect impersonation of me, I admit it's true. I love life and enjoy the beauty in such simple things.
Take today for example: I woke up quite content with life and got ready then went off to see my friend for one last outing together until she leaves to Kampala, Uganda for 5 months (more about that later perhaps). We had lunch then hit up Chapters and I was like a kid in a candy store, if you want to loose me for several hours take me to a bookstore. After we parted ways I took the bus home then had to walk a good 20-30 minutes in the heat in black jeans and a three quarter shirt but I was just strolling down the sidewalk like it was no ones business. I couldn't help but smile I just felt so darn good. I don't know if other people realized how good I felt cause I kept getting long double takes as cars drove by me, I felt like summer from 500 days of summer when she's on the bus. I was just so content with the blue skies, the long quiet walk alone, how I could walk under long branches without having to duck due to my lovely short stature. I could go on and on about how beautiful our world is even in ugly circumstances but it may make you sick. You're probably thinking 'no one can be that happy all the time' and truthfully I'm not. I have my down days, my doubts, my worries my fears etc etc. but lately I've been focusing on the positive. Simply looking at it from God's perspective and it's grand.
But here are some things that I doubt will ever put a smile upon my face: spiders. the smell of metal on rides or buses, terrible screeching sounds of chairs/tables being dragged or that of nails on a chalkboard. slow moving people- just get out of my way before I knock you down. unneccessary arguments. rudeness and disrespect, especially if you disrespect those close to me- I'll break you. Oh and wasting time on growing feelings for someone who won't feel the same. and spiders, they're so terrible they deserve to be on the list twice.
No comments:
Post a Comment