"Be silent in a group of people, see what they reveal to you." - Yoko Ono
I've come to the realization that I don't listen very well. I don't understand how long ago my once impeccable listening skills diminished but I'm going to get them back. I used to be the girl who sat silently listening quit intently at what was being said and patiently waited for my turn to give my input. Now I find I wait for a bit of of a pause to just blurt out something as though I'm an irritating child just saying whatever to be heard. I don't know how long I've been doing this or how often but it needs to stop. I truly do care what people say and don't know why I've all of a sudden shut down and become so selfish in conversation. Not everything that I find to be similar to what is being discussed needs to be said. Note to yappy self: sit (or stand, or lay down) silently, make eye contact, listen and then say the words you had time to think about from the conversation you've fully digested and have thoughtfully registered into your mind. You did it flawlessly before, time to shape up. It's also time to shape up on my penmanship. My writing is so eligible and I misspell words constantly because lets face it- technology has made it rather easy to be lazy when it corrects typos for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment