I believe the earth to be the most romantic thing. I can't help but fall in love with a piece of it everyday more and more. My love for it is as endless as the universe and I overfill with complete happiness if I'm to think of more than one part of it's beauty- it's almost unbearable.
I love it from the soil and mud to the cold air; from the thick roots of ancient trees to the rushing currents and timid streams. The natural, untouched state of nature makes my heart fill up with such peace and joy and the purest love. I could walk around a forest forever if my body didn't get tired.
As mentioned previously the water is my lover, I have yet to love a man the way I love a heavy rainfall or the sound of angry waves. I know it may sound bizarre but the sounds of thunder and sight of bright, almost blinding, flashes of lightning arouse me. My heart races so fast during a strong storm I just want to run out and dance it. I adore the feeling of running in cold rain while it whips and bits at my face, I'm not a fan however of catching a cold. The wind is the sweetest companion for he always knows how to bring a smile to my face. Just the other day as I was walking home, my mind gyrating and over thinking various things as it often does, the wind blew lightly through my hair and blouse and gently kissed my cheek as if to remind to stop and enjoy the present- I immediately smiled and stopped briefly as the air danced around me. I'm not going to lie though, sometimes he is a pest when he gusts by and tosses all my hair in my face causing me to be blinded for a few seconds, but then I just start laughing. I honestly could go on and on proclaiming my love for the earth and how it returns its love to me constantly in the most lovely and romantic ways possible: such as how the trees exchange our toxic breathes for fresh clean air, how they provide shade for us on scorching summer days or shelter during heavy rain. I find traces of beauty in every bit of earth and it will forever be my love. I know it's love will never leave me nor change however many times the leaves on trees fall and change, even if the rocks grind down slowly into sands I know in my heart it will always have something to offer me and I pray my love for it will never vanish that my heart and soul won't forget about it's kindness and honesty.

No comments:
Post a Comment