mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Monday, August 27

explorer



 
I consider myself to be a solid explorer. I may not have traveled and explored new countries (yet) but I do venture off into little known regins (to me) which is precisely what an explorer does. I think being adventurous and having a strong craving to feed your curiosity is something people should never loose. Children see a giant world of possiblilities and adventure when they step out the front door and are awed by anything new to them, it's beautiful. I don't think that's something we should ever toss away. I have a thirst to see new sights and dab into new things, hobbies, books etc and I pray it will never get queenched and that the cup never empties.
 
 Aside from exploring forests, beaches, cities and countries I can't stress the importance of exploring with God and into his abundant unfathomable love. There's just so much of him and he is such a mystery and you don't know everything about him, yet he is an old friend you feel comfortable around and can share anything and everything with. You can think you've explored everything God has to offer you but you never will. It's like hiking up a mountain and stopping close to the top, yes the journey has been difficult or beautiful and you think you've seen everything or maybe you're tired of seeing similar trees and dirt (I can't get enough trees however) but the view from the top of that mountain is breathtaking and far better than the trip up. Well what God has for us is like that viewpoint and so much more; it's all the viewpoints in the world and the 7 wonders of the world, and every waterfall, ruin, forest, jungle, river, beach, sunset, and city-both literally and figuratively. So why on earth would you stop exploring something so amazing? Why would you want to stop getting to know something that created such specatular sights? Why would you pause a relationship with someone who is love itself? I can not and will not for the life of me stop exploring God and all that he has for me.
 


No comments: