Every time I think of what kind of girl I am I just picture Juno saying all nonchalantly "I don't know what kind of girl I am". It sums me up to an extent.
I can honestly say that I know who am and what I like. I know what I'm passionate about.
I know I'm far more confident now than I ever have been and that, that confidence will only continue to grow with God. I know I don't know everything but I'm eager to learn.
As for the kind or 'type' of girl I am, well that's the tricky part. I dislike labels- be it labels on a shirt or labelling of a style or person. I am a mixture between tomboy and a girlie girl. I enjoy roughin around and contact sports and being competitive and active and adventurous but I also enjoy wearing pretty dresses, flowy skirts, heels, going on cute dates and having ladies nights. I'm in between being an intellectual and being a complete schmuck: I read, I write, I keep an open mind on the world and people's opinions and views but I don't think before I speak most times which results in foolish comments and sometimes I don't listen for whatever reason or excuse and it irritates me. I am a hybrid of a wandering gypsy tree hugging free spirited hippie that is an OCD workaholic.
I'm not the kind of girl that wants a gift from Tiffany's. I don't covet diamonds or pearls around my neck I much prefer stones of amethyst, onyx, and turquoise with silver details. I don't want giant honking diamonds on my fingers I like odd rings of pyramids, claws, stones of pure silver covering a majority of my fingers. I like the way roses look dried up much more than as a bouquet: I actually don't like bouquets of red roses I'd much rather an orchid, hydrangeas, wild flowers or roses that look like a sunset. I don't want a great chandelier of crystals dangling in the entrance of my future home, I want one made of antlers with candles flickering (unless it's a safety hazard than lights would be fine with me). I don't want Prince Charming he bores me I want someone like Tarzan with a crazy mad passion for his life and family (and god). I don't care for crazy amounts of money and status as long as I'm doing what I love with enough finances to be comfortable and travel every now and then I would be very content. If a guys going to spend money on me don't take me to fancy restaurants were the food portion is like a snack and the bill is huge, take me to the best burger/pizza joint and save your money for concerts or road trips. I don't want to go the movie theatre or clubbing take me to a dark cabin like pub or to a drive in or for a hike, bike ride, long drive, cliff jump etc. I'm not as fragile or naive as I may appear so spit out the truth and be upfront I can handle it, after all I've spent a couple years hearing and giving hours of constructive criticism so I most certainly won't beat around the bush. I prefer lace, plaid, old warn in shoes to shiny new overpriced branded clothing (except Wilfred and WilfredFree from Aritzia they have some nice thaaangs). I could spend hours at libraries, antique shops, zoos, aquariums, museums, and planetariums (though I have yet to go to one) than wandering around shopping malls. I like the smell of old books, vanilla, almonds, wood burning, deep forests, soil, and the ocean. I love the sound of contagious laughter, thunder, crackling fires, birds singing, leaves rustling and crunching, rain falling and the roaring of motorcycles. I'd much prefer a night indoors with hot chocolate/tea and board games than a night out gallivanting and getting wasted. I am introvert but also an extrovert.
There is no label for me: I describe myself as an awkwardly confident eccentric person. I'm a lot to handle at times, but then again aren't we all?

No comments:
Post a Comment