mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Monday, September 17

Deluge

I don't quite know or understand why the rain has such an affect on my mood. I feel like every sound of water falling doesn't just fall onto the pavement, or leaves, or the tops of tin roofs or into rivers and streams but it pours into me. Not only does it fill ditches, and cracks and flood roads but it fills up my heart. If it falls harder my heart beats faster; as it quiets down my heart rate slows and my breathes deepen. I am deluged with joy & melancholy. On dark rainy nights thoughts and memories and hopes and ideas and inspiration hit my mind like a tsunami (especially when I'm in my room alone with candles flickering inside stones).
To be entirely honest, if I were Storm I would make all nights rainy and the nights that I was home alone I would make them the loudest most spectacular thunderstorms. But then again maybe it's a good thing I don't attain Ororo Munroe's powers or it would rain every weekend, actually make that 3-4 days of the week...

No comments: