mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Friday, September 21

get a move on

To move or to move farther? That is the question.


 
 
So, yet again I am at a fork in the road. It seems as though this path I'm on is filled with them, I suppose it makes it more of an adventure that way- a pain in the ass but an adventure none the less.
 
This time the options are Avenue A: Stay here and move to Vancouver/New West or Street B: Move to Edmonton, Alberta with my dad. Two paths that could not be any more opposite. Seeing as how I have a time limit to make this decision my brain is flustered and overwhelmed and because of my hormones it's not thinking too clearly or perhaps over thinking, as I have the tendency to do. That being said I'm going to make a " Pros & Con's" list to help sort this out.
 
Stay kinda:
 PROS
  1.  It's not Alberta
  2. Closer to work and I'm getting 30-40 hours plus a promotion if my availability opens up and pay off everything (if I stop spending foolishly)
  3. I can find an apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor
  4. Start self promoting my art work at coffee shops, clothing stores, mini galleries located all over town
  5. Attend my home church
  6. See my friends every now and then
  7. I love the city, the ocean, the mountains and the people. Always inspired walking downtown.
  8. My mom kinda wants to move back in.
CONS
  1. It's expensive, well Vancouver is kinda
  2. My mom kinda wants to move back in.
Move to Cowtown:
PROS
  1. Rebuild my relationship with my father and be a light, maybe even bring him back to God.
  2. Work lots and save my money pay off everything and travel.
  3. Learn how to drive from someone who drove Semi's for a living and then get my class 5.
  4. Get an apprenticeship at a tattoo parlor down there
  5. Possibly attend UA and get into the intense art program
CONS
  1. It's Alberta ( crappy weather, no mountains I'll die of pneumonia...hyperbole but still)
  2. My sister may not come which means she'll have no rules or boundaries and that terrifies me even if she's working lots
  3. Far away from friends
  4. Away from my Church Family
That's all I got, I'm sleepy. Feel free to add any more to either of the lists.
 
 

No comments: