I've never really believed in "Mondays" being a certain day of unforunate-ness, that is until today (well kindof). So this morning I actually managed to get out of bed earlier enough (but not as early as I wanted... taking baby steps) to make myself breakfast and lunch, got ready for work in no rush. I even had to leave the house earlier than usual to walk down the the gas station (while grooving along to the black keys loving my life) to break a bill and get change for the bus. So right of the bat my Monday was going beyond swell, I was actually even going to be a good 15 minutes early to work...that is until the train stopped for a good twenty minutes with the announcers stating there was a 'Medical Emergency' at a station two stops away. Long story short I, in addition to a large sum of people, had to get off at the next station and walk over to the opposite tracks to catch a bus going back to where we came from in order to catch a train that would take us an 1 and some to get to another station to transfer to. It took me 2 buses and 4 trains to get to work today, now here is where perspective comes into play. Perspective is a very curious but crucial thing, although I was slightly irritated that I would now be an hour late for work I let it be. I had let both my managers know of the inconvenience and just enjoyed the extra hour to work by reading, listening to music and observing those around me. Why stress myself out over something I could not control? I could have easily let it ruin my day, but I just saw it as an adventure. I was finally able to see where the Millennium Line ventures off to.
But back to perspective and people watching.
As I transferred in and out of trains, chatting every now and then with strangers, I couldn't help but observe how others were handling this 'nusance'. Some were completely agitated and kept going off about how they were late and how the hate Mondays yada, yada, yada. Others were like myself and said 'well nothing you can do about it. You can't control time." And others seemed as though they were completely unaware and unphased just listening to their music or glued to their phones. Amongst all this thinking and observing I couldn't help but wonder what was going on at the other station. Others were merely curious because they wanted to know why the were late, I was hoping that this 'medical emergency' wasn't terribly gruesome seeing as how it had stopped all trains from transiting to that station. Throughout all the commotion and questions, I overheard several people say "Someone jumped in front of a train. Thanks man now we're all late." I was shocked at how selfish people really were, and somewhat heartless, speaking of the person and their outcome like nothing 'They fried first and then got hit or do you think the train killed them first and then they sizzled? Eff let me get on this next train. I'll push my way through." Just like that. As if the person they were speaking of wasn't really human but something they had read about. Like the event was really real...
The human race really is strange sometimes.
That was supposed to go somewhere but I keep getting side tracked and now I'm falling asleep. I'll probably come back and revamp this later...
The human race really is strange sometimes.
That was supposed to go somewhere but I keep getting side tracked and now I'm falling asleep. I'll probably come back and revamp this later...

No comments:
Post a Comment