"Physical attraction is common, but a mental attraction is rare"
- anonymous
In all honesty, I date people I'm not immediately physically attracted to. It's usually the common looking or geeky lads that other girls by pass, it's their personality, humour, passion or essence that attract me. It is because of those traits that I later find them irresistibly attractive. I have yet to have a mental attraction. I want to find someone with a mind that shares the same language, a mind that finds beauty in the same things I do, a mind that understands that sadness isn't a terrible thing, a mind that appreciates good grammar and eloquent vocabulary, a creative mind or a mind that adores knowledge. I could care less about the exterior caring this beautiful, enchanting, mysterious mind that I could spend forever unlocking and wandering through. However if this mind belongs to someone I find fairly attractive, & humble, then I would not complain at all. Although that amount of attraction would be rather dangerous.
Unfortunately, the problem in my encounters with seemingly physically attractive fellow is that their mind is vacant or completely filled up with themselves. Now a lad like this with a mind like one I mentioned would be ideal. Now I'm not saying all ridiculously attractive males are narcissistic or idiots, just the single ones I've met- the ones that have it all also have a gal and I'm no lady to even fathom being the other woman. I admire strong relationship, I'm not out to destroy one.
I ramble late at night...

No comments:
Post a Comment