The past two nights I've had to wait patiently for the last bus home but I enjoyed those moments. Monday I waited at the bust stop across from my old apartment and just gazed ahead at the trees swaying and shaking in the wind. I believe I was listen to Noah and the Whale "Springtime" and the leaves seemed to fall gently with the sounds of the strings being touched softly, as if the song were written for that precise moment. I couldn't help but smile whenever a gush of wind would sprint through me and the cold night, asking the leaves on the pavement for a dance under the starry night sky. Just the way they swirled slowly back and forth like a waltz from the branches to the concrete, it was breath taking. I'd gaze up at the sky and see the stars perfectly and carefully place and then the wind would brush against my cheeks. Such a beautiful moment, I really could have sat there all night.
Yesterday I didn't wait too long for the bus- actually I believe I ran in heels to catch it and ended up sitting in my seat trying not to seem as out of shape as I actually am by stifling my gasps for air... The ride home was quiet as usual but my mind was loud. I just love that route home, there's a road that's just encompassed by tall trees on either side and at night it's just pitch black and feels like I'm on my way to the middle of nowhere. The walk home from the bus stop was just, no words, just simple but so brilliant. I put on a song by The Black Keys and pretty much just strutted and shimmied straight down the middle of the empty road & then stopped abruptly and gawked at the night sky. It was the perfect shade of midnight blue with dark clouds motionless amongst stars. I stood there for several minutes & just spun slowly around to view every angle of the sky. I let out an overwhelmed yet calm "WOW." because that was the only word left in my mind, all the others had disappeared. All I had was that stillness of the night and that split second realization of how big and beautiful the universe is and how small and fragile I am in comparison. I almost lied down in the middle of the road but realized it may be a slight hazard to the life I value- that's not to say I won't do it sometime this week...
In all honesty I'm not doing those two moments any justice because they were so perfect and lovely. It's those small seemingly ordinary things that people tend to forget or disregard that I see such beauty in. All I can do is marvel at them and thank God for allowing me to take part in them, for sharing such a simple but stunning detail with him. Moments like that, they make my heart so elated.

No comments:
Post a Comment