
I have tattoos on my mind all day every day now. I creep people on transit and while walking or working and gaze at their tattoos; partially to see if I myself could mimic it or determine if it`s sloppy. When I see really good work I ask the stranger where they got it done so I myself could go there and possibly even gain an apprenticeship at that parlor. I want to learn from the best and I`m oh so eager to ink people up now, but I know I`m quite a while away from doing so.
"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightengale
It`s a new dream- or maybe it`s a dream I always had and was unaware of, until a colleague suggested it to me. I never grew up as a child thinking that I would be a tattoo artist or any kind of artist, I actually wanted to be marine biologist or a vet or a super spy/assassin ( I still do want to be a kick ass assassin). But if I were to look back at what made me the most content growing up it was always a box of crayons, pencils, and paint. I would sit for hours colouring and painting. Whenever I had the chance I'd always get the temporary tattoos or henna on my hands and arms. I remember I even found a way to make temporary tattoos myself and did them on the kids in the neighbourhood: I would apply liquid glue to the skin, wait for it to dry then use felts to draw whatever was requested onto it, we would then run around showing off our `tattoos' and peel them off before we came home for dinner. It's rather odd how if you look back far enough you realize those passions were always there, but you never really paid much attention to it. Well it seems that way for me at least.
Works like the one above are so inspiring and motivate me to keep at it.I just need to keep up with drawing/painting everyday. Get the best photos of my work and make prints of them, put them in a portfolio and walk into every parlor I find fitting till I land an apprenticeship. Gotta get crackalackin' never have I been so pumped until now. Life is looking good. November is approaching, which means a new place and hopefully a promotion. God is good he always falls through, I feel terrible for those who doubt him. He only wants the best for us.

No comments:
Post a Comment