mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Monday, February 25

intellectually stimulating


Preach it.
If you don`t enjoy reading, if you don't know there's a difference between your and you're, if you have a terrible taste in films, if you can't even text a full sentence, if you lack basic vocabulary, if you are consumed with yourself, and if you're idea of a great conversation is based on gossip or how 'faded' you were,  then I don't want to bother my time with you. Harsh I know but 'tis the truth. Especially people who bash books and what I consider to be good movies without a valid reason but just `it`s so dumb'. No, you can go crawl back into the prehistoric cave from which you emerged. Yes I know I sound like a judgmental cow that's placed herself on some "I'm simply better than you" platform but take it how you want. I like the friends I have, I don't go seeking to be popular or well liked when I know what I like and who I have fun with. I'm not dating schmucks, skeezes, or narcissists because I know my worth and I don't want to spend my time with anything less than what God has for me. If I didn't put up with any of that nonsense in high school why would I put up with it in my 20's? After all, I've read that our 20's are our selfish years so if me simply deciding I'd rather not associate myself with certain people seems selfish then call me selfish. 

Now this isn't my rant on a certain or particular person, it was just a realization brought to light by this gif from one of my favourite childhood movies "My Girl". It is a reminder that it's time to snap out of the terrible rut I was in and stop pretending to be interested in fellow peers. At one point I got brought down to their level, my mother once said "Who you associate yourself with, you will become." 

That's not to say that I only want to be around people who like or appreciate the same things I do. I do think opposites attract. I value people who challenge me in my life- be it my relationship with God, my lifestyle, my perspective, and/or my habits. I want people in my life that are constantly growing and changing for the better not ones who are the same as they were 5 years ago. People who inspire me: to do better, to be more, to unlock my potential and to live a passionate life. People who are living a life they love. I like the adrenaline junkies, the wallflowers, the writers, the creators, the quirky outcasts- just people who are themselves and are completely comfortable in their own skin. Those, those are the people I've surrounded my life with and will continue to surround myself with.

-I do admit, that kinda came out of nowhere and I'm aware it makes me seem like a tad stuck up 

C'est la vie & sweet dreams.

No comments: