mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Sunday, January 26

Where feet my fail


You call me out upon the waters; the great unknown where feet may fail. And there I find You in the mystery, in oceans deep my faith will standAnd I will call upon Your name and keep my eyes above the waves when oceans rise. My soul will rest in Your embrace for I am Yours and You are mine. Your grace abounds in deepest waters.Your sovereign hand will be my guide where feet may fail and fear surrounds me. You've never failed and You won't start now.




Want to know something slightly humorous? This song was what convinced me to take that leap of faith and move here. Now seeing those lyrics again it speaks to me even more but with a new message. The first time I learned to take that step off the boat into the vast unknown, and I almost drowned like Peter with that little bit of doubt. Just like the story I've heard preached various times, God pulled me out of the water. Now the song, at this moment, reminds me to keep my eyes on God and rest in him. That he's got me I need not worry and believe.

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him“You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?” - Matthew 14:31


No comments: