mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Friday, June 8

rain

Can you believe it's the first week of June and it's been raining? That's British Columbia for you. I don't mind it though. Don't get me wrong I am one to book it to the beach to bask in the sun the moment it becomes nice out, but I also adore the rain. I know, I've mentioned my love for it various times but it's raining at the moment so I shall declare my love for rain all over again.

I find the rain to be beautiful and refreshing and simply magical. I'm 21 and when it pours I put on my gumboots and run errands walking in the rain and stomping in every puddle on my path. 

Last Saturday, while on a lovely hike with great friends, it began to rain just after we finished eating a couple snacks atop a rock- it was such a spectacular moment. There we were gazing out at these mountains covered in a blanket of deep green pines and then a rumble filled the sky soon followed by a flash of light. We packed up our food and continued down the mountain only to be covered by the trees for a short while . Before leaving the protection of trees we passed the lake again and I wanted to jump into it and swim- the others weren't up for it. It would have been wonderful: light rain drops hitting a vast lake while I float amongst it. I've  swam in water twice on rainy days and it's such a beautiful feeling, I'll do it again someday- hopefully with someone else to accompany me to make it even more magical. Anyways, after my idea got turned down we entered an open road and of course it began to pour. Being the nature loving hippy that I am I spread my arms open and tilted my head back and proclaimed "I want to dance!" which triggered Sterling to sing "I wanna dance with somebody" and then we all carried on taking turns singing the lines of that song. No one, however, did dance. It was a perfect day. 

I just can't full describe this feeling I have towards rain. I feel as though there is no word to describe it. It makes me feel creative, and calm yet I feel elated and full of energy. Perhaps I'm at a loss of words due to it being 1am (yet again up late) and my mind has shut down. I feel like I'll become redundant very soon because all the vocabulary has slipped my mind and the only words I can think of are: lovely, beautiful, and peaceful- how dull. Well I'm off to my warm bed, my sleep will be quite pleasant because of the rainfall.

No comments: