So at this moment my sister is out on date number 3 of this week. Just the other day she received her first forehead kiss and came home all giddy. When she told me we both started jumping around and giggling like little girls. I adore sweet and lovely kisses on the forehead, there's just something so honest and and innocent about them. Not going to lie, I would very much adore a peck on the forehead right about now as I'm drinking some tea and blogging.
I suppose it doesn't help that I'm listening to Ed Sheeran singing love songs while the rain falls gently in the cool night air- too many romantic things for this single lady to handle. Maybe I should listen to some rock n' roll? Naaah he's voice is too dreaming and suites my mood quite well at this moment.
Although I actually am enjoy this time to myself in building who I am as a woman of God, part of me still would like someone to share this journey with. Just thinking about sweet firsts with a great guy get me all giddy. I know I know thinking about all that cutesy romantic stuff isn't much of a help when I'm focusing on being single. Some days are difficult, not because I'm desperate for a relationship or because I'm single or anything, I just mean difficult in trying to explain why I'm doing what I'm doing to family or acquaintances. They don't see it as a necessity or of any importance. To them they think it's cause I'm not over my previous relationship or because I'm scared to date again, but in reality they couldn't be any more wrong. I've moved on and we're friends. I also can't wait for all the feel good moments of dating but at the same time I can wait. It's only a month really. A month of focusing on me, getting a solid job, getting into the habits of reading, working out, getting into my word and I am beyond stoked for it. After that I'm free to 'step into the dating pool' but I'm not gonna be on prowl or anything. I'll still keep to myself since I'm shy and not one to force things. Also I'm oblivious to when guys like me and when I realize I may be interested in them or that they may possibly the oddball that I am I get physicked out and become awkward that they think I'm not into them. It's terrible but what can a gal do about it? I'll figure that out laterrr for now the only guy I'm after is God :)
ps. I'm super stoked for my sister and this guy. He's pretty swell, gentlemanly, and respectful. ex. today they ran home when I told them that if she wasn't home by 11pm she'd be in trouble. she was home at exactly 11pm.

No comments:
Post a Comment