mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Thursday, January 17

music video addict


Oh, I also adore this video & song combo, although it breaks my heart a  wee bit. I just love when music videos match the songs in such a peculiar and interesting way that you never could have imagined but they just fit so perfectly and make complete sense. My pet peeve is when the video is complete crud and it's so terrible that sometimes it destroys the song for me.Thankfully such a terrible situation rarely occurs.

 

Here are some other song/video duos that just work so beautifully together they have resulted in me just hitting replay several times. To be honest, I'll continue to hit the replay button for these and probably will only grow more and more in love with them.


 











I'll be honest, when I first saw this video I couldn't help but chuckle because all I could think was "harry potter". Then I realized it was done in a continuous shot and admired his performance in something so opposite of a character he'll forever be remembered as. Every time I watch it my mind wanders off into creating random story lines as to how this gent winded up in an empty bar in a Hawaiian shirt. Don't ask. I let my mind do it's thing... 




summed up in this line "I thought he was a man, but he was just a little boy"

Anything lana and florence make is gold. They are Otis split into two.



I don't know why but I love this video. The first time I saw it  I was like "what the hell is the nonsense, who does beyonce think she is" and then somehow it became an unhealthy addiction of hitting repeat... I don't even care what you think.



Yeah in case you didn't notice I have a thing for slow motion shots, the ocean/scenery, random dance sequences that really have nothing to do with the song, and continuous shots (which reminds me of the kick ass one in kill bill at the sushi house disco place, yenno the scene prior to Uma killing off the crazy 88's?)

That took a lot longer than I planned...probably due to the fact that I watched all those videos more than once. Oopsies! This was supposed to be a quick five minute post so I could sleep and not stay up writing (hence why there's barely any explanations as why I like the videos and songs) & instead it turned into 2 hours? ok ok goodnight, goodnight, parting is such sweet sorrow. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful blog! great tunes! <3

http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/