'' He said, 'There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.' ''
- Dalai Lama
There are so many days or moments where I think ''I can`t wait to do that.'' but rarely do I stop and correct myself to say ''today I'll attempt to do this.'' It's a habit I'm slowly incorporating into my thought process. The mind is a powerful tool and doubt is only strong if you allow it to take over.
Now why is it that most of us don`t think we can attempt to do something today- right now? Well at times it's mere laziness, or doubt, or a 'lack of time'. We can control our laziness and replace it with a motivation so necessary to your life it'll be like air. Doubt can be erased with time, you need to constantly tell yourself you are fully capable. As for time, yes it`s out of our hands but not entirely: prioritize and get rid of things that don`t need to take up your time (ie tv/social media/wasting it). We are all given the same 24 hours,what we do with those hours is entirely up to us. No one can force you on how to spend it. No one can force your mind and wield it the way you can. It is yours and yours to control and mold and mend. Find the flaw, that road block, that thing that says you can't and remove it.
I'm not saying I have it all together, or that it's such a simple task. I've been lazy and a terribly good procrastinator but I want to succeed more than I want to get by the day. Find that thing that motivates you to strive and do all that you imagined and more with your life and clench dearly to it. It is possible. 24 hours is plenty of time and 8 hours of sleep is the recommend amount one needs to feel rested but it's not necessary. I've spent days with 2-4 hours of sleep and done, oddly enough, better on the days in which I have overslept. Now don't become an insomniac to get to your goal, but if you need to pull an all-nighter here and there just do it. You'll survive and you'll be that much closer.
Here, allow me to break it down a bit more: 24 hours minus 8 hours of sleep becomes 16 hours. Now most of us work or attend school for 8-10 hours that's 6-10 hours in your day for you. For you to do as you please. That is 42-56 hours in a week to accomplish whatever you desire.
NOW GO.
Go create. Go explore.
Go love, live, exercise, learn, play.
Don't waste time waiting for a better tomorrow or feeling bad about yesterday.
Today is the day. Start where you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment