mood board and various thoughts I can't put into words: http://gabdez.tumblr.com/

Sunday, February 14

thinking out loud.

Damn.
You look so good today.
Like hella h-o-t EXPLOSIVEgood.
What did I just say?
Hah, yeah just scratch that,
Simply ignore my gibberish.
See, that’s just how good you look,
words basically burst outta my mouth like vomit.
not to make that sound gross…
dang- that’s was somewhat NASTY, wasn’t it?
Hey, would’ya look how blue the sky is.
I can see it’s reflection through your eyes.
Or is that just how blue your eyes truly are?
If so, I can gaze at them for hours-
not to mean that if they weren’t that blue (like sapphire melted into the stars blue) I wouldn’t-
I mean…I already do stare at them,
but not for as long as I wish to.
Snap- I shouldn’t have said that. Have I gone to far?
I really do hope not.
Why can’t I express myself towards you like people do in those romantic movies,
rather than the comedies?
I actually am trying to be serious here.
I’m also blurting out lines at the wrong time
like the geeky guy, whose pretty much a screw up,
trying to be smooth and catch the attention of the “it” girl-
except obviously my scenario is reversed, yenno’ cause I’m not a guy…
in case you might have forgotten.
What was I blabbing about again?
I swear I’m like a senior citizen. 
I have a lack of:
Memory, hearing, and have no clue of when to stop telling stories.
But then again, old people aren’t that bad, they’re actually quite adorable-
Well the ones in purple track suits walking their dog (that oddly enough resembles them).
Or, those old couples perched on park benches, yapping away.
Dang. Now I just pictured us growing old together-
not to come of weird to you or anything…
I think…I think it just means you’re really special.
Actually, you ARE really special.
Like really, really, REALLY,I’ll-give-you-my-last-piece-of-Tobleron kinda special.
     (And I truly do love my Swiss chocolate).
You’re special
like-me-watching-a-scary-movie-with-you kinda special,
and if you know me well, you’ll know I’m enormously terrified of horror films.
like-hide-behind-a-pillow frightened.
Seriously, I have done that before- numerous times sadly.
But hey, if you like them then I’ll suck it up.
Maybe you’ll make a sweet pillow,
after all you are a sweet person-
WOW. I am beyond cheesy.
I think I’ll shut up now, I’m probably giving you a headache
I mean I’M getting one.
Is that only for the mere fact that when you appear 
thoughts and words flood my mind and I can’t think straight?
It only takes one thought of you to leave the rest of the world behind,
and I pretty much think about you all the time.
Kay, well maybe not ALL the time,
I usually wonder about:
food, you, a song, then you, a random thought, you
I guess eventually a thought (or two) of you
pops right into my mind several times a day.
But what I’m basically trying to say
is that I’m pretty sure we
would make a stellar
you + me.
I honestly do hope you agree




well it's valentines and i'm flying solo fo'sho
so i decided to post a poem i wrote a year ago
it's better performed as a spoken piece, which reminds i should go perform at cafe de'soeli sometime soon. anywho..
happy V day, even though it's somewhat of a cliche :)

No comments: